Product Redesign/Process Streamlining
Specialty Printing is committed to protecting the environment through source reduction, providing alternative structures that use thinner materials while satisfying customer requirements, and using post consumer recycled materials whenever possible.
Some of the noteworthy changes we have successfully made include:
- Changed the basis weight of materials to thinner paper that doesn't change the esthetics and functionality of the customer's product.
- Replaced conventional water based inks with soy based inks, allowing a reduction in ink coverage by 85%
- Use of pressure sensitive materials that are capable of being recycled.
- Use of pressure sensitive materials that are capable of being recycled
- Standardized widths of production materials to minimize the number of different web widths used in converting to reduce butt roll waste.
- Re-engineered finished product sizes for efficiency improvements on the customer's equipment and to provide source reduction.